POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images :  : Re: Another Boullée_architecture Server Time
31 Jul 2024 18:26:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another Boullée_architecture
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 9 Oct 2009 06:47:04
Message: <4acf14a8@news.povray.org>
Thomas de Groot wrote:

> Ambient? No ambient. Only radiosity and some fog. Display gamma at 2.2. no
> assumed gamma. rendered in 3.7

Hmm it looks bright to be too. Funny thing is it seems to look
better to me when applying the inverse gamma correction of 0.45,
so I wonder if there is any way the correction is applied twice.

As far as I understand it, jpeg does not support gamma information
and contains the gamma corrected RGB values for your display gamma.
Can you post the unprocessed png output from POV for comparison?